Saturday, September 12, 2009

Pablo, Party, Presents

we had ro's birthday party today. i stayed up quite late last night making him a pablo cake. who is pablo you ask? well, pablo is a backyardigan, of course. duh. i don't have to bake from scratch, but i at least need to bake at home and ice it myself. there is just something charming about homemade, mom-decorated, imperfect birthday cakes that warms my heart. well, i'm pretty proud of myself, so i thought i would brag a little...check me out!

ro was pretty excited for his party, here he is following me around with his balloons...

first, there was a little playtime...mady and hala had fun playing with his toys.


then on to the presents! woo hoo!!! check out all the great stuff my friends and family gave me for my birthday.



and then, of course, the bag provided quite a bit of entertainment...



then, we moved on to cake. i might have been more excited than roman. okay...i definitely was...but he could barely contain himself when he realized that the birthday song would be sung by all partygoers. to him. at the same time. see how he is biting his lip? we should all be so excited on our birthdays. really.



i don't have any pictures of him eating cake. he won't eat it. of course, i knew that before i spent my friday night making a cartoon penguin out of blue and yellow icing. i just didn't care. my kid was gonna have a pablo cake at his birthday party, dangit.

1 comment:

allie1126 said...

AMAZING CAKE!! you did such a fabulous job decorating it! You are so talented and crafty. I hope that your creativity and talent rubs off on me hehe

oh and the cake was DELICIOUS! i had such a great time celebrating Roman's b-day. He is so great! and I did have fun playing hide and seek even if Toby made fun of me. whatever :)