Monday, September 7, 2009

"Momma, Birday, I Two"

my baby turned two today. sniff sniff. i still can't believe it. it is so cliche, but i remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. i remember the smell of him when he was minutes old, the way he looked at me and how good it felt to hold my flesh and blood in my arms. it still feels so good today, except now he can hug me back and kiss me back and tell me "i luh you, momma". ahhh, this is what it is all about. i am not lost on the fact that these are the best days of my life. sometimes i cry (happy tears) thinking about that and wishing they weren't flying by so fast. i hope you enjoy my little trip down memory lane...












as you can see, he enjoyed a few of his gifts, mostly the more simple ones. (isn't that always how it goes?) but the best part of his birthday was when we sang to him. after his prayers and kisses from duke, we asked if he wanted us to sing the birthday song to him again. he said "ready?" and we started...happy birthday to you...happy birthday to you...happy birthday, dear roman...happy birthday to you...his smile could have lit up the whole town! he enjoyed it so much that we sang 2 more times...each time his smile grew bigger. i think if we had only given him his backyardigans stickers and sang to him, he would have had the best birthday a 2 year old could have. i love you, roman. happy birthday punkin!

No comments: